AgeFriendly.org allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including reviews, photos, votes, scores, and more. It isn’t difficult to treat other users and the administrators with dignity, but we wanted to enumerate a set of general guidelines to show how. Please also read the guidelines regarding the specific types of content that you might contribute to the site.
- Inappropriate content: AgeFriendly.org has a variety of users, so please keep the commentary PG-rated. Threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry will not be tolerated.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example, you shouldn’t write reviews of other towns with the sole purpose of degrading or negatively influencing their score to make yours look better.
- Promotional content: We generally frown upon promotional commercial content. Let's keep the site useful for users and not overrun with commercial noise.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, reviews aren't the place for rants about a political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don't address the core of the citizen’s experience.
- Privacy: Don’t publicize other people’s private information. Please don’t post close-up photos of other people without their permission, and please don’t post other people’s full names unless you’re referring to a city-level administrator in their capacity as an elected official.
- Intellectual property: Don’t swipe reviews or photos from other people or post the same information for multiple locations.
The best reviews are stories of what you’ve observed in the towns and neighborhoods you’re familiar with. They discuss in detail your experiences in the places you’ve lived, line up with the six domains use to judge age friendliness, and offer pieces or praise or ideas for improvement. Here are some additional thoughts for passionate reviewers.
City Administrator Guidelines
City and Town Administrators contribute to AgeFriendly.org in a huge way, too.
- City Description: You can use this section to tell people a little something special about your town. Please keep it relevant: don't use this feature to attack your neighbors, reviewers, or AgeFriendly.org.
- Public Comments: City administrators can also address issues publicly by posting a public comment. Don’t use public comments to launch personal attacks, advertise, or offer an incentive to change a review.
- Photos: Photos are a great way for administrators to promote their towns on AgeFriendly.org. Be as creative as you can, but please keep it clean. We're not big fans of imagery showing violence, drug use, nudity, near nudity, or suggestive acts. Also, please don't use your video to disparage other businesses, users, or AgeFriendly.org; request or solicit reviews from users or respond to user reviews.
Health Organization Guidelines
Health Organization Administrators contribute to AgeFriendly.org, too.
- Health Organization Description: You can use this section to tell people a little something special about your organization.
- Public Comments: Health Organization administrators can also address issues publicly by posting a public comment. Don’t use public comments to launch personal attacks, advertise, or offer an incentive to change a review.
- Photos: Photos are a great way for administrators to promote their health organizations on AgeFriendly.org. Be as creative as you can, but please keep it clean.