Wellesley is a town in Norfolk County, Massachusetts.The Wellesley Council on Aging has a number of programs to keep its citizens active in all phases of their life, but one of its largest contributions to the community is the brand new Tolles Parsons Senior Center. The Tolles Parsons Center has the following amenities:
- Flexible activity rooms
- Social Security office
- Commercial kitchen
- Multi-purpose room
- Furnished outdoor patio
- Café with seating and self-serve coffee & tea
- Lounge with soft seating and a gas fireplace
- Dance studio
- Fitness center
- And many more!
In addition to the Tolles Parsons Center, Wellesley also offers the following programs for its citizens:
- Discounted meals available at the Tolles Parsons center
- Transportation, including a COA Bus and volunteer driver system
- Presentations on local and senior-focused issues such as housing, law, medicine, and safety
- Celebrations, sports, fitness classes, parties, socials, and movie viewings
- Walking groups, tours, and outings to places nearby
500 Washington Street, Wellesley, MA 02482
Managed by the Age Friendly Foundation
Senior Living Communities
Explore Home Care Options Near You
Consider the benefits of an in-home caregiver. Care can range from 1 hour a day, to a few hours a week, to full time. Connect to a trusted provider today.
Find a Financial Professional Near You
With 9,000 financial professionals available across the nation and 4,500 on MassMutual.com, MassMutual is committed to helping you secure your future.
How did Massachusetts earn the grade of C? We examined the state taxes based on how age friendly they are. Massachusetts has a state sales tax of 6.25%. Of particular interest is that Massachusetts does not have taxes on social security. There are estate taxes. There are no taxes imposed on inheritance. Massachusetts has an effective property tax rate of 1.21%. Weighing these taxes and other taxes most likely to impact the aging population is how Massachusetts earned its state tax grade of C.
Learn more about taxes in Massachusetts