Lexington is a town in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States. The population was 31,394 at the 2010 census, in nearly 11,100 households. The Council on Aging provides policy guidance in the operation of the Senior Center, which coordinates and carries out programs designed to meet the needs of the aging. Programs Include:
- Information and referral, needs assessment, crisis intervention and service coordination
- Financial Assistance
- Senior Health Outreach Programs: Nursing consultation, home visits and assessments.
- Blood Pressure Screenings offered in conjunction with the Fire Department.
- Nutrition/Meals on Wheels: The Senior Service's nutrition program, in collaboration with Minuteman Senior Services, offers lunch Monday, Wednesday and Friday for a suggested donation. For individuals who have difficulty shopping and cooking on their own, Meals on Wheels are home delivered daily by volunteers
- Senior Service Program: Seniors volunteer to work for town and school departments in exchange for property tax abatements.
Lexington, MA 02420
Managed by the Age Friendly Foundation
Senior Living Communities
Explore Home Care Options Near You
Consider the benefits of an in-home caregiver. Care can range from 1 hour a day, to a few hours a week, to full time. Connect to a trusted provider today.
Discover Whole Life - Simplified
Help protect the ones you love, without the hassle. Get life insurance to help cover final expenses, with no medical exam - just basic health questions. With affordable rates and convenient payment options, you can choose coverage that’s right for you.
How did Massachusetts earn the grade of C? We examined the state taxes based on how age friendly they are. Massachusetts has a state sales tax of 6.25%. Of particular interest is that Massachusetts does not have taxes on social security. There are estate taxes. There are no taxes imposed on inheritance. Massachusetts has an effective property tax rate of 1.21%. Weighing these taxes and other taxes most likely to impact the aging population is how Massachusetts earned its state tax grade of C.
Learn more about taxes in Massachusetts