Glenolden is a borough in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States.
The population was 7,153 at the 2010 census, down from 7,476 at the 2000 census.
Glenolden Station is a SEPTA train station on the Wilmington/Newark Line.
The main road through the borough is Chester Pike (U.S. Route 13), which leads northeast 9 miles (14 km) to the center of Philadelphia and 5 miles (8 km) southwest to Chester.
Students living in Glenolden attend classes in the Interboro School District, which consists of Glenolden and its neighboring towns Prospect Park, Norwood, and Tinicum Township. Glenolden School is the home of the borough's public elementary and middle schools. Public school students attend Interboro High School in Prospect Park.
The school district's administration offices are located in Prospect Park.
- Theresa Grentz, former Illinois women's basketball head coach and Women's Basketball Hall of Fame inductee, born in Glenolden
- Stephenie LaGrossa, Survivor: Palau, Survivor: Guatemala, and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains contestant, born in Glenolden
- Mildred Scott Olmsted (1890–1990), peace activist
- Vince Papale, former member of the Philadelphia Eagles and subject of the movie Invincible, born in Glenolden
- Joe Feeney III, Writer, podcaster, producer (Creative Control w/Joe Feeney, Creative Control Network, Keepin it 100, Something to Wrestle With, 83 Weeks), independent wrestler in 90’s
Managed by the Age Friendly Foundation
Senior Living Communities
Explore Home Care Options Near You
Consider the benefits of an in-home caregiver. Care can range from 1 hour a day, to a few hours a week, to full time. Connect to a trusted provider today.
Discover Whole Life - Simplified
Help protect the ones you love, without the hassle. Get life insurance to help cover final expenses, with no medical exam - just basic health questions. With affordable rates and convenient payment options, you can choose coverage that’s right for you.
How did Pennsylvania earn the grade of B+? We examined the state taxes based on how age friendly they are. Pennsylvania has a state sales tax of 6.00%. Of particular interest is that Pennsylvania does not have taxes on social security. There are no estate taxes. There are taxes imposed on inheritance. Pennsylvania has an effective property tax rate of 1.55%. Weighing these taxes and other taxes most likely to impact the aging population is how Pennsylvania earned its state tax grade of B+.
Learn more about taxes in Pennsylvania